As the cooler fall weather and colors are welcomed to Finger Lakes Wine Country so are the flavors of the season in these 3 fun fall FLX-inspired Sangria recipes perfect for any autumn day.
All of these easy to follow recipes require hours of refrigeration before serving which vary by recipe. Be sure to plan ahead! And if you want to switch things up, we recommend using a punch bowl instead of a large pitcher.
Finger Lakes Riesling Fall Sangria
- 2 cups of local apple cider
- 1 bottle of Wagner Vineyards Semi Dry Riesling (or any Finger Lakes Semi Dry Riesling)
- 2 medium apples
- 2 oranges
- ⅓ cup of pomegranate seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks for the sangria, extra for garnish
- ½ cup of Finger Lakes Distilling MapleJack Liqueur (or any apple or pear brandy)
- ¼ of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- club soda
Slice both apples and oranges and place into the pitcher or punchbowl along with the pomegranate seeds and 2 cinnamon sticks.
Pour in a bottle of Wagner Vineyards Semi Dry Riesling, apple cider, orange juice, lemon juice, and brandy and stir gently.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, the longer the better though!
Serve sangria and fruit into glasses and top off with a splash of club soda and a cinnamon stick for garnish!
Easy 30-Minute Sparkly Maple Cinnamon Sangria
- 1 bottle of Sparkling J.R. Dill Winery Cayuga White Rise (or any Finger Lakes sparkling white wine)
- 3 tablespoons of local pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup of Finger Lakes Distilling MapleJack Liqueur or any apple or pear brandy
- 2 pears
- 2 oranges
- 1 pomegranate (seeds only)
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus extra for garnish
Slice both pears and oranges and get the seeds from one pomegranate and place in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
Add the bottle of sparkling white wine, we used J.R. Dill Winery Cayuga White Rise, local maple syrup, and Finger Lakes Distilling MapleJack Liqueur and gently mix. Add 2 cinnamon sticks and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
The longer the sangria sits, the less fizzy it will get.
Serve with fruit into glasses and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Finger Lakes Red Fall Sangria
- 1 bottle of Glenora Wine Cellars Black Diamond Express (or any Finger Lakes dry red wine)
- 1 ½ cups of local apple cider
- ½ cup of Finger Lakes Cider House Kite & String Pommeau Apple Brandy (or any apple brandy)
- ½ cup of cinnamon simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 red apple (fuji or gala is a good choice)
- 1 green apple (granny smith is always good)
- 1 pear
- 1 pomegranate for seeds only
- 1 orange
Slice fruit and seed pomegranate and add to a large pitcher or punchbowl. Combine the bottle of Glenora Wine Cellars Black Diamond Express, apple cider, brandy, and cinnamon simple syrup and stir gently.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours, the longer the better up to 24 hours before serving.
Pour into glass and serve optional with ice.
Cinnamon Simple Syrup Instructions
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3-5 cinnamon sticks
In a small saucepan add water and sugar and bring to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
After simmering, remove from the heat and place in a container along with cinnamon sticks. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better.
Simple syrup stays good for around 30 days with refrigeration.
Watch the Video!
Megan from Finger Lakes Wine Country shows you step by step how to make the Easy 30-Minute Sparkly Maple Cinnamon Sangria.