THE GRUFFALO - A Sensory-Friendly Performance
- Clemens Center
- 207 Clemens Center Parkway
- Elmira, NY 14902-1046
- April 15, 2023 to April 15, 2023
- Tickets: $12 Adult / $6 Youth
Presented by Tall Stories
Based on the picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
A mouse took a stroll through the deep dark wood…
Join Mouse on a daring adventure through the deep, dark wood in Tall Stories’ magical, musical adaptation of the classic picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.
Searching for hazelnuts, Mouse meets the cunning Fox, the eccentric old Owl and the high-spirited Snake. Will the story of the terrifying Gruffalo save Mouse from ending up as dinner for these hungry woodland creatures? After all, there’s no such thing as a Gruffalo – is there?
Songs, laughs and monstrous fun for children aged 3 and up and their grown-ups, in the much-loved show that’s toured Britain and the world!
This is a 60-minute Sensory-Friendly performance for children and adults with autism spectrum disorders or any sensory or social cognitive disorders.
Adjustments to the production include:
– house lights dimmed (but not off),
– no strobes or flashing lights
– consistent sound volume,
– explanation of what will be seen and heard – narrators in the story
– quiet areas in the venue,(namely, Mandeville Hall)
– fidgets welcome
– audience encouraged to talk and react,
– ability to leave your seats.
– If a customer need to use a specific electronic device, such as an iPad, to help with their – enjoyment of the show, they are allowed and customer is asked to inform the ushers as they enter the theatre.
To view the in-depth visual guide for the sensory friendly performance, click here.
Dates/times/program/protocols subject to change.
John G. Ullman & Associates Foundation, Inc. 2022-23 Family Connex Series
The carefully-curated programs in the Family Connex Series will help connect families to the Clemens Center by attending together, and promote family conversation, critical thinking, and the simple enjoyment of the live performing arts.