Holiday Open House: Free Admission
- The Rockwell Museum: A Smithsonian Affiliate
- 111 Cedar Street
- Corning, NY 14830
- December 4, 2022 to December 4, 2022
From the festive scarf adorning the beloved Artemus the bison on the façade of the building to the annual Gingerbread Invitational, a visit to The Rockwell is the perfect addition to your holiday tradition. We’re pleased to offer free admission all weekend, December 3 & 4, to kick off a memorable holiday season.
- Visit & vote! Cast your ballot for the 8th Annual Gingerbread Invitational Community Choice Award – we’ll collect votes all month long and announce the winner at the end of the month!
- Explore the Gingerbread Invitational.
- View Frida Kahlo: Through the Lens of Nickolas Muray
- Enjoy authentic, un-plugged play with new winter and gingerbread-themed activities at the KIDS ROCKWELL Art Lab (36 E. Market Street)
- Enjoy shopping for quality gifts for everyone on your list in The Museum Store.
COVID-19 Update: The Museum is open. Please visit our Health & Safety page to learn about our current guidelines and visitor experience: https://rockwellmuseum.org/health/
Regular hours: Open daily, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Summer Hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day): 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Kids/Teens (17 & Under) Free
More than a museum – The Rockwell is a unique community center where people enjoy, connect, and reflect on the essence of the American experience, character, and values through the eyes of American artists. The Rockwell Museum is the only Smithsonian Affiliate in Upstate New York.
Housed within Corning’s Historic City Hall, The Rockwell explores the evolution of being American through the eyes of American artists. With up to three spotlight exhibitions throughout the year and an ever-evolving collection, there’s always something new to see and experience.
· Modern and Contemporary Art
· Masterworks of Remington & Russell
· American Landscapes from the Hudson River School
· Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) Objects & Modern Art
· Taos Society of Artists
· American Illustrations and Prints
· Wildlife Art
· Southwestern Pottery and Ceramics
Upgrade to a Combination Ticket to include a visit to Corning Museum of Glass and save up to 10%! A free shuttle travels between both locations throughout the day.