Next time you’re looking for a fun cocktail, try these delicious red wine cocktail recipes using Finger Lakes Wine Country's famed red varieties like Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot to name a few, paired with easy to find ingredients. Cheers!
Easy & Delicious Finger Lakes Red Wine Spritzer
- 1 bottle of red wine (For a dryer version, we recommend Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon. For a sweeter version, try Wagner Vineyards Sunset Red)
- Club Soda
- Fresh Blackberries, or berry of your choice
Fill your glass half full with ice and add a few berries. Pour in your red wine. We recommend the Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon if you’re a fan of dry red wine or if you prefer a semi-sweet red wine, try Wagner Vineyards’ Sunset Red. Fill until the glass is half full. Top off with club soda and serve.
Finger Lakes Bishop Cocktail
- 1 oz. of Dr. Konstantin Frank Winery Blaufränkisch or any dry Finger Lakes red wine
- 3 oz. of rum
- 1 teaspoon of simple syrup (instructions below)
- ½ lime juice freshly squeezed
Combine Dr. Konstantin Frank Winery Blaufränkisch, rum, simple syrup, and freshly squeezed lime juice into a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until completely chilled and strain into a red wine glass.
Simple Syrup Instructions
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
In a small saucepan add water and sugar and bring to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
After simmering, remove from the heat and let the syrup sit for 30 minutes and store in a container easy to seal and serve from.
Simple syrup stays good for around 30 days with refrigeration.
Finger Lakes Red Wine & Bourbon Mixer
- 3 oz of Heron Hill Winery Eclipse Red
- 1 oz of Finger Lakes Distilling McKenzie Bourbon Whiskey
- ¾ oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ oz of Simple Syrup (instructions above)
- ½ oz of Campari
- Lemon slice for garnish
- Fresh rosemary & thyme for garnish
Add your Heron Hill Winery Eclipse Red, Finger Lakes Distilling McKenzie Bourbon Whiskey, simple syrup, lemon juice, and Campari into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass with a few ice cubes.
Add a lemon slice with the fresh thyme and rosemary for garnish and serve.
Upstate New York Sour
- 2 oz of Finger Lakes Distilling McKenzie Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 1 oz of Glenora Wine Cellars Black Diamond Express
Combine Finger Lakes Distilling McKenzie Bourbon Whiskey, lemon juice, and maple syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
Strain drink into a low ball, Old Fashioned, or short drinking glass. Add 1-2 ice cubes.
Hold a spoon with the backside up over the glass and gently pour the Glenora Wine Cellars Black Diamond Express over the surface of the drink creating a red wine top layer and serve.
Finger Lakes Red Wine Mule
- 4 oz Ravines Wine Cellars Maximilien
- 1 oz Finger Lakes Distilling Vintner's Vodka
- 1 lime worth of freshly squeezed juice
- Finger Lakes Cider House Ginger Bear (Ginger Beer)
Combine your Ravines Wine Cellars Maximilien, Finger Lakes Distilling Vintner’s Vodka, and freshly squeezed lime juice into a shaker with ice. Shake until chilled and strain into a copper mug with a few cubes of ice. Top off with ginger beer and serve.
Watch the Video!
Megan from Finger Lakes Wine Country shows you step by step how to make the Finger Lakes Red Wine Spritzer and the Upstate New York Sour.