October 1 - 9, 2016
What better way is there to kick off fall in the Finger Lakes than with Cider Week FLX?! Celebrate the hard cider revival with local cideries and their delicious beverages made with the best New York State apples.
"Cider is the oldest craft beverage in America, and New York is a state with one of the richest cider histories, the legacy of which can be found throughout the rolling hillsides of the Finger Lakes, in abandoned orchards and their seedling offspring which dot the landscape."
1. Cidery Tour and Cider Making Tutorial at Cider Creek Hard Cider
September 30, 4 - 11 PM
Kick of the weekend right with the perfect fall party! It's only $15 for a flight of four ciders, tour of the cidery, cider making tutorial, live music, and even a bonfire!
2. Bushels and Barrels food and beverage festival in downtown Hammondsport
October 1, 12 - 5 PM
Stop by the charming downtown area for local cider, wine, beer, live music, specials, and more!
3. Good Life Cider Take-Over at GRAFT wine + cider bar
October 4, 5:30 - 8:30 PM
Enjoy free tastings and Good Life Cider by the glass, cider flights, tapas, and small plates.
4. Cider Making Class & Competition at Cider Creek Hard Cider
October 6, 7 PM
Get in on this exclusive event and learn how to make your own cider!
What you'll get: a flight of cider, cider making instructional session, basic supplies, and 5 gallons of cider.
The competition: create the best cider out of 15 competitors. The winner will have a batch of their cider made and served in Cider Creek's tasting room!
5. Single Orchard Cider Dinner with South Hill and Eve's Cidery at GRAFT wine + cider bar
October 6, 6:30 PM
Five gourmet courses + six single orchard ciders = yum!
6. Eve's Cidery Tasting at GCP Discount Liquors and Wines
October 7, 4 - 7 PM
7. Apple Identification and Documentation Day at Reisinger's Apple Country
October 8, 9 AM - 12 PM
Take part in the Finger Lakes Fruit Heritage Project by joining Dr. Greg Peck of Cornell University and John Reynolds of Black Duck Cidery to identify apples. Bring mystery apples to be ID'd and share stories and info to contribute to the archive of old orchards in the Finger Lakes.
8. Cheese & Cider Saturday at Engelbert Farms
October 8, 10 AM - 5 PM
During the Tioga Farm Trail Open House, stop by Engelbert Farms for cider from Eve's Cidery and Good Life Farm, and check out free farm tours, and free samples of local organic cheeses, smoked sausages, honey, and coffee.
9. Cheese & Cider Tasting at Side Hill Acres Goat Dairy Farm
October 8, 9 AM - 6 PM
Taste cheese from the farm along with cider from Eve's Cidery. Mingle with the goats as you tour the barn, visit the Farm Store for NY state goat milk products, and check out Atlatl demos (ancient spear throwing).
10. Cider & Cheese at Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards
October 8, 11 AM - 5 PM
Stop into The Oasis for Cider Tree and Cider Tree Cinnamon Spice paired with savory cheeses from Sunset View Creamery.
11. 1 Year Anniversary Party at Cider Creek Hard Cider
October 8, 12 PM - 11 PM
Meet the cider maker, get a cidery tour, enjoy live music and a bonfire! And of course, food and cider to celebrate!
12. Pumpkin Patch and Family Day at Cider Creek Hard Cider
October 9, 12 PM
Get your fill of fall with the family! Bring the kids to the Cider Creek pumpkin patch, have fun with face painting, and enjoy sweet cider, hard cider, candy apples, and apple cider donuts!
Happening all week:
13. Cider-Centric Specials at 3 Brothers Wineries & Estates
Try the new Red Apple Bombshell Cane Mutiny Hard Cider made with all NYS fruit and check out deals on pints, cans, and growlers of cider at War Horse Brewing Company, and then head over to Iron Heart Coffee Co. for special menu items to pair!
14. Cider Pairings and Nightly Specials at Village Tavern Restaurant
Try appetizer and entree cider pairings and of course, the drink special: Super Cider--a cinnamon and sugar coated rim with vanilla vodka added! Yum, yum!
15. Cider and Cheese Flights and Fresh Apple Cider Donuts at Cider Creek Hard Cider