Marcos Ambrose, 2012 Cup Series winner and WGI President Michael Printup join Connected by Glass live event this Thursday at 7 p.m. EDT
WATKINS GLEN, NY—Racing fans will have a unique opportunity to hear about the creation of NASCAR’s glass trophy, awarded each August during the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen International in Upstate New York. Designed and created each year by The Corning Museum of Glass, the trophy will be the topic of an episode of the Museum’s live chat series, Connected by Glass, happening Thursday, May 14, at 7 p.m. EDT on Microsoft Teams LIVE.
The live chat and viewer Q&A will feature:
- Marcos Ambrose, 2012 NASCAR winner and owner of the first glass trophy at WGI
- Michael Printup, President of WGI
- Eric Meek, Manager of Hot Glass Programs at The Corning Museum of Glass
Watkins Glen International began offering this handmade glass trophy in 2012. Tune in to hear Watkins Glen International president Michael Printup share stories from the track and talk about what it’s like on race day. Listen as glassmaker Eric Meek reveals the inspirations behind the design of the coveted trophy. And hear from driver Marcos Ambrose who’s not only raced the famed roadway, but was able to add the glass trophy to his collection.
Before joining the Microsoft Teams LIVE event, check out the history of our partnership to create NASCAR’s glass trophy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr3ufIlc6po
HOW TO JOIN AND ENGAGE LIVE
Follow the link to get to the Microsoft Teams web app. You should not have to download anything.
- Depending on the device you are watching this Live Event on, a Q&A window may automatically show up on the right side of the screen once you enter the event. If this screen is not open when you enter, click the speech bubble icon in the upper right corner. You can submit questions at any time during the event.
- There are two different feeds that will show up in the Q&A window: My questions – These are questions that you submit that other audience members cannot see. Featured – These are questions that our Moderator will be publishing for the entire audience to see.
- In the Featured feed, give questions a thumbs up if you were also wondering the same thing. This will help our Moderators determine which questions to ask the panel.
- You can also ask technical questions if you are having any trouble with Microsoft Teams Live. There will be moderators available who can respond to you privately to address technical issues.
For more details, visit: https://www.cmog.org/event/connected-glass-going-glass-nascar-s-glass-trophy