Have you ever wondered about wine barrels? With our Life of a Wine Barrel package, you will follow the path of a wine barrel as it moves around Finger Lakes Wine Country. From wine or spirits production with a fresh barrel, through secondary uses in additional production processes, to its final destination and reconstruction into beautiful home furnishing items. With this package you will experience several of these steps, and enjoy the excellent results of the life of a wine barrel.
Your Life of a Wine Barrel package itinerary includes:
• Finger Lakes Distilling’s exclusive McKenzie Whiskey Tour, a tasting flight featuring our extensive list of spirits, and a cocktail of your choice from our seasonal menu.
• A visit to Standing Stone Winery for a tour of their production area, and a custom tasting of their oak-aged wines, (Chardonnay and a handful of reds), followed up with a tasting of their Riesling Ice that is aged in barrels from Finger Lakes Distilling.
• A behind the scenes tour at the Wine Barrel in Hammondsport illustrating the many ways that wine barrels are repurposed into a wide range of products to extend the life of the beautifully aged barrel wood. You will also help take apart a barrel during the tour. As part of the package, and after the tour, you can use your $25 store credit when selecting a piece of your own to take home.
• Two very special cooking demos at the Black Sheep Inn with Inn chef Debbie Meritsky, a Riesling Beurre Blanc and a Whiskey sausage country gravy, featuring some of the local wines and spirits you’ll taste each day.
• Your very own Black Sheep Guild card, which offers exclusive perks with our many Guild Partners.
• Complimentary mapping and tasting opportunities for your adventure
• All applicable Sales Tax and Gratuities
• And a special gift from the Inn
Optional enhancements to your package:
• Schedule a jewelry-making class in F.L.A.V.O.R. Studio, on the grounds of the Inn, to create a one-of-a-kind keepsake to take home.
• Reserve a Luxury Excursion to transport you in style to the wineries and breweries of your choice, giving you the freedom to enjoy yourself without the worry of driving. 4 Hour: $325.00; 5 Hour: $375.00. Includes tax and gratuity.
Package pricing is $120.00 per person, includes all taxes and gratuities, but does not include accommodations. Too much to see and do, extend your stay beyond two nights and receive a $25.00 per night discount on any additional nights.
When reserving your room, be sure to add the Life of a Wine Barrel package to your itinerary.
Book online: www.stayblacksheepinn.com
or by phone: (607) 569-3767
PLEASE NOTE: All special tours are based on availability.