The Schuyler County Historical Society's Brick Tavern Museum, built in 1828, is the oldest brick structure in Schuyler County. It was erected as a tavern on the stagecoach route and has also been a Select School for Boys, a boarding house and a home to Dr. Charles D. Clawson, who ran Bethesda Sanitarium nearby. After Dr. Clawson's death it continued as a family home until his grandson, the late Charles Lattin, sold it to the Society in 1974.
The Brick Tavern Museum is part of the Points of Inspiration Architecture Trail. For more information and stops on the trail, visit www.pointsofinspiration.net.