A newly remodeled Queen Anne style home offers a warm casual atmosphere. The home features an open airy environment with period high ceilings, hardwood floors, a crystal chandelier and fireplace. The split staircase ascends to a second floor common sitting area, leading to four regionally themed rooms.
The home, built in 1868, takes its place in wine country history. Located a block from the church where Reverend William Bostwick planted the Catawba and Isabella vines that gave rise to the NY wine industry, the home is located on a former vineyard site. The property was owned by Andrew Switzer in 1864, Urbana Wine Co. superintendant, and later sold to Graham Wheeler, one of the organizers and first president of the Taylor Wine Co. Wheeler is credited with constructing the stately home with its complex roof, topped with ironwork, ornamental chimney and gable windows. In the mid 20th century the home was used as a convalescent home, at which time a large sunporch was added the entire length of the western side. Recent remodeling has restored the home's19th century charm.