The Horseheads Historical Society was established to preserve the history of our village. Among the facilities the society is responsible for are Zim House, the Museum at the Depot and the bandstand in Teal Park. The village owns the bandstand but the Historical Society has a special interest as Zim (Eugene Zimmerman) designed it. The Teal Park Bandstand was designed and built by “Zim” and his father-in-law in 1910. Located on S Main St, it has weekly summer band concerts. Plans to celebrate its’ 100th anniversary are underway for 2010. It has been placed on the National Register. Zim House was conveyed in 1980 to the Historical Society by Laura Zimmerman. The home includes all of the contents consisting of papers, sketches, correspondence, furniture and many fine mementos of Zim’s life. It is also on the National Register. The Railroad Depot, located on W Broad Street, was purchased by the Historical Society and restored for use as a museum. displaying artifacts of our local history. There is also a display of local schools and graduates. We are proud to have had Eugene Zimmerman as a resident of our community. “Zim” was a political cartoonist in the 1800’s working in New York City but married a Horseheads Girl and built his home here.