Bement Billings House Open for Tours
- Bement-Billings Farmstead
- 8980 Main St.
- Newark Valley, NY 13811
- August 18, 2018 to September 30, 2018
- Adults $2, Students $1
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Saturday
When Asa Bement, Jr. built this house in the mid 1790’s, he was among the first settlers in Newark Valley. He brought his young family from Stockbridge, Massachusetts, in the 1790’s to settle here on the banks of the east branch of Owego Creek. His 350-acre farm included tilled fields, pastures, and woodlands. Asa and Abigail Brown Bement built a saw mill, a grist mill, a blacksmith shop, and barns on their property. The mills and blacksmith shop served the needs of neighboring farms as well as his own. The Bement farmstead was one of the most prosperous in Northern Tioga County.
Open 12PM - 4 PM on weekends from July through September. Private group tours can be arranged on any day of the week.