CORNING, N.Y. (SEPTEMBER 14, 2016) --From leaf peepers to thrill seekers, fall in the Finger Lakes brings an influx of visitors, and the Chemung County Chamber of Commerce’s Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is working to lure them locally with the annual return of Thrills & Chills, a seasonal promotion of Halloween and harvest time happenings. A sampling of seasonal fun includes:
• Friday, September 16th, Hill Top Inn will host a Farm to Table Dinner in the greenhouse at Chamberlain Acres Garden Center & Florist. The multi-course dinner will be completely sourced from local farms, wineries and breweries. Reservations can be made at (607) 732.6728 or www.hill-top-inn.com/ftt
• Saturday, September 24th, River Friends will host a Thrills & Chills River Walk, a one-mile easy hike on a hidden trail with serpentine paths, surprising bends and blind curves. For details call (607) 846.2242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saturday, October 1st, Southern Tier Kayak Tours will offer a guided Leaf Peeping Paddle on the Chemung River, winding through glacier-cut cliffs filled with spectacular foliage. Beginners are welcome and all equipment is provided! For reservations call (607) 220.3642 or visit www.stktours.com.
• Daily throughout October, Great Escape Adventures will offer a Murder Mystery Escape Room, a fully immersive adventure game where you must seek your own escape. For details call (607) 873-7108 or go to www.greatescapeadventures.net.
• Saturday, October 8th & Saturday, October 15th, Haunted Hellmira Walking Tours will be offered to benefit the reconstruction project at the former Elmira Civil War Prison Camp. The lantern-lit tours will highlight tales and reported paranormal encounters at the camp grounds. Tickets are required and available through Chamberlain Acres Garden Center & Florist at (607)737.1313 or email@example.com.
• Saturday, October 8th, The Starlite Room will host Fall Fling, a day of food, wine & beer on Seneca Lake, followed by a harvest dinner at the Starlite Room. For reservations call (607)733-3333 or go to www.thestarliteroomelmira.com.
• Saturday, October 22nd, will bring both haunted and not so haunted happenings at Tanglewood Nature Center. The day will start with Tangle with Zombies 5K, a trail race with brain-hungry, virusspreading
zombies, followed by Haunted Happenings, a day long family friendly fall celebration with hayrides and more! For more information, call (607) 732-6060 or go to www.tanglewoodnaturecenter.com.
• Thursday, October 27th, GCP Liquors will present Fall into Wine Country, an ultimate wine tasting event at Elmira Country Club with over 100 wines and ciders with hors d’oeuvres. The event will benefit three local nonprofit organizations. For reservations go to www.arnotartmuseum.org, www.chemungvalleymuseum.org, or www.YWCAElmira.org.
• Sunday, November 6th & Monday, November 7th, Charlie’s Café will again offer a Blind Harvest Dinner, a truly unique experience where diners will be served a multi-course, gourmet dinner & wine pairing in complete darkness to enhance the sensory experiences. Space is limited and can be reserved by calling (607) 733-0440.
In addition to these events, a full listing of can be found on the Event Calendar at www.marktwaincountry.com.
# # #