WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (July 23, 2018) – The August Friday on Franklin event is going to the dogs! Join in the fun from 5-8pm in downtown Watkins Glen on Friday, August 3! Our theme is "The Dog Days of Summer" and we're partnering with the Humane Society of Schuyler County in 3 ways:
- Anyone who brings an item to donate from the Humane Society's wish list gets $2 off their ticket. View the wish list here.
- All attendees will receive a 10% off coupon for the Wags to Riches shop on Franklin Street.
- Each stop will have a "featured pet". Unfortunately, the pets themselves won't be present, but be sure to check out their photos and stories, as well as information about how to adopt them!
Additionally, any dogs that attend Friday on Franklin will get a special doggy treat! Be sure to follow us on Facebook to find the event and invite your friends and family. Participating businesses and the samplings/pairings they’ll be sharing include:
- Famous Brands will feature local crafts by Fleece, Stitch & Glitz
- Seneca Signature Scents will feature local cheeses by Sunset View Creamery
- Quest Adventure Gaming will feature wine tasting by Lakewood Vineyards
- Watkins Glen Wine and Spirits will feature wine tasting by JR Dill Winery
- Franklin Street Art Gallery will feature wine tasting by Fulkerson Winery
- Colonial Pottery and Creamery will feature wine tasting by Idol Ridge Winery
- Inner Peace Floats will feature locally roasted coffee by Seneca Sunrise Coffee
Enjoy live music by Pebble, in the courtyard between Glen Mountain Market and GRAFT wine + cider bar (6-8pm). In the event of rain, you'll find the live music at the Chamber Visitor Center. Pebble is a jam-rock band. They play their own original music, weaving singer-songwriter stories through funk grooves, four-part harmonies, and deep-space psychedelia, with plenty of musical improvisation to gel them together.
It's just $10 to participate in the fun! Begin at the Chamber (214 N. Franklin Street) where you'll get your tasting glass, wrist band, and map of stops - then head out on your way tasting, sampling, and rocking through downtown! Friday on Franklin is a great way to kick off the weekend, all while supporting downtown shops and local businesses. Remember, we have a loyalty card for our locals! Receive a stamp for each Friday on Franklin that you participate in. Collect 9 stamps and attend the 10th month for free! This event takes place rain or shine.
This event series is organized by the Watkins Glen Area Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Elmira Savings Bank. For more information, visit: www.watkinsglenchamber.com/friday-franklin.
# # #