CORNING, N.Y. (June 15, 2016) – The Rockwell Museum features art about the American experience through the eyes of American artists, but later this year, The Rockwell will provide the opportunity for travelers to see first-hand what artists see when painting the American landscape. Special to this 40th anniversary of The Rockwell + 100 Years of the National Park Service, The Rockwell has reinvigorated its Travel Program and is hitting the road for an insider tour of America’s National Parks and world-class galleries. From Wednesday, September 28 – Sunday, October 2, 2016, The Rockwell has planned an exclusive 4-night/4-day trip to two of the most iconic national parks — Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks– while gaining access to world-renowned museums and private collections. The itinerary is designed especially for a Rockwell audience –including tailor-made VIP experiences with gallery owners, trained park guides and museum directors. Included in the trip are optional excursions to fit every traveler’s interests, including wildlife hikes and adventure tours.
“After the success of our trip to Santa Fe, it only seemed right to work with The Rockwell for another exclusive excursion. Participants will have access to galleries, studios, and artists that would normally be out of question as an individual traveler. In addition to visiting world renowned museum and galleries, a professional guide will accompany the group as we navigate Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. For those that enjoy hiking, optional excursions will be offered for guests that want to spend time on the trail. Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity!” - Nancy Halliwell
$1750 Per Person* Questions? Contact Brett Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or 607.974.2333. A deposit of $500 will be required at time of reservation. Full payment due by July 15, 2016.
Trip Highlights include: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks – Adventure & More
- Naturalist with 10+ years of experience will guide participants through both of these spectacular parks
- Majestic views of the jagged peaks of the Teton Range
- Wildlife viewing opportunities along Sylvan Pass, the National Elk Refuge, Upper Geyser Basin, and countless others
- Optional hikes along the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone, the Lake Shore Trail at Colter Bay, and Jenny Lake/Hidden Falls in the heart of the Tetons
Special Art Visits and Curator-led Tours
- Private access to museum collections, galleries, and artist studios in both Cody and Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Including: Buffalo Bill Center of the West (includes 5 museums), Big Horn Gallery, studio gallery of artist Jim Wilcox, Legacy Gallery, Colter Bay Indian Arts Museum, National Museum of Wildlife Art, and Trailside Gallery
Unique Dining & Lodging
- Welcome dinner in the Photography Gallery at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West
- Spend the evening at National Historic Landmark, Old Faithful Inn
- Members Lodge at the National Museum of Wildlife Art, including views of the National Elk Refuge and access to the Sculpture Garden Terrace
- Lunch in the Mural Room at Jackson Lake Lodge with panoramic views of the Teton Range
- Dining at Big Horn, Legacy, and Trailside Galleries
- Participants can anticipate a wonderful mix of nature and art in this specially packaged itinerary. This exclusive experience is not to be missed. Space is limited and expected to fill quickly.
All year long, The Rockwell is celebrating the centennial anniversary of the National Park Service with a self-guided ‘Art in the Parks’ tour of paintings depicting our nation’s famous landscapes. A local spin, The Rockwell is featuring historic images of Watkins Glen State Park from its origins as a private retreat through its modern incarnation as a public state park. Like national parks, state parks champion conservation of natural resources on a local level.
In addition, National Park Service Centennial markers identify works from the permanent collection which are part of a self-guided tour. The major national parks featured on the tour include Yosemite, Denali, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, Zion, and Grand Teton.
*Excludes Airfare. Includes lodging and most meals. Trip prices per person are based on two persons sharing a room with a bath. Please note that a single supplement ($375) will apply for a single room.
# # #